[IronPython] The Future of IronPython

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 18:15:30 CEST 2010

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 9:56 AM, Vernon Cole <vernondcole at gmail.com> wrote:
> Jeff:
>   Can your version of zlib be slipped in to v2.7 before final now? (please
> please pretty please)

Well, the first issue is that it depends on another open source
component (Component Ace's Zlib.Net -
http://componentace.com/zlib_.NET.htm) with a different licence, and I
don't know what the legal implications are of that.

The second issue is that we (me and Michael) want to get a stable 2.7
out as soon as possible, and were not planning on adding community
modules until the 2.7.1 release.

However, zlib support is also the single highest voted issue on
codeplex, and the module passes all CPython tests for zlib and gzip,
so we might make an exception. Michael?

- Jeff