[IronPython] All classes that subclass a given type

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Sat Oct 30 03:37:14 CEST 2010

On 28/10/2010 19:15, Slide wrote:
> I am trying to find all the classes defined in Python that inherit
> from a C# class. I can iterate through the types in the ScriptScope
> using GetVariableName() and then checking if it's a PythonType object,
> but I don't know how to get the classes that it inherits from. Can
> anyone help out with this?

In normal Python you can call Class.__subclasses__() to get a list of
subclasses. I haven't tried this with .NET classes on IronPython though.

> Also, on a separate note, I would like to override the normal import
> mechanism to support new file extensions for modules (this is so I can
> associate the files with my application). Is this possible?

You can either patch __builtins__.__import__, use the ihooks module,
implement a PEP 302 import loader *or* use the IronPython Platform
Application Layer to control how IronPython imports are done (this is
how IronPython on Silverlight does imports from the xap file).

All the best,

Michael Foord

--
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/