[IronPython] Question about Visual Studio & Iron Python Tools and Debugging

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Wed Sep 1 18:28:55 CEST 2010

The scripts need to be started in debug mode and be stored in files
somewhere on disk (so Visual Studio can load the source code).  To enable
debug mode you can set the DebugMode property on the ScriptRuntimeSetup
object.

So this ends up looking like:

var setup = Python.CreateRuntimeSetup();
setup.DebugMode = true;
var runtime = new ScriptRuntime(setup);

Alternately can also pass in "Debug" = true to the IDictionary<string, object> when
creating a Python engine:

var dict = new Dictionary<string, object>();
dict["Debug"] = true;
Python.CreateEngine(dict);

When you attach all of the Python code should be debuggable.