[IronPython] You got your Ruby in my Python ?!? (Was: IronPython 2.6 CodePlex Source Update)

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Wed Sep 1 20:32:53 CEST 2010

Jeff wrote:
> Since IronRuby is now included, and IronPython has same layout as the
> IronRuby github repo, is the codeplex repo now just a copy of the
> internal TFS repo?

It's getting closer.  The directory structures are now the same because
Dave fixed that up a while ago.  But we still have a script which pushes
selected directories to CodePlex.  That won't go away but I'm trying to
make sure that we're not excluding anything which doesn't have a good
reason to be excluded.

> Also, what is External.LCA_RESTRICTED? External is obvious, and I'm
> assuming LCA is Legal & Corporate Affairs, so I'm curious about the
> RESTRICTED - are other MS employees not allowed to look in there? :)

It means what you think - other MS employees aren't allowed to look
there w/o talking to a lawyer first.  IronPython, IronRuby, etc... live
in the same source tree as the CLR, Visual Studio, etc...  and our
lawyers just want us to be explicit about where we keep source code
from external sources to avoid taint issues.  Obviously anyone
external can look at whatever they want.  We could probably give this a less
scary name when we push it externally but that's probably more
complication than it's worth and I might need to talk to a lawyer before
I do that :)