[IronPython] How to install IronPython Tools for Visual Studio?

Thomas Shanks tshanks at gatech.edu
Wed Sep 15 19:12:31 CEST 2010

> The VSIX no longer exists

Can the walkthrough (the only documentation I can find) be updated accordingly?

> Did you see that option when you installed 2.7A1?

I ran the installer before I installed VS Shell the first time and it
was not there.  I then installed the Shell and looked for the VSIX to
install.  Not seeing it, I reran the IP install, thinking it looked
for the Shell before providing the VSIX.  This time I saw the option
you describe (unchecked by default).  I selected it and reinstalled.

I then restarted VS 2010 Shell and still do not see the IronPython
project types in the new solution or new project windows.

What should I try next?

Thomas Shanks