[IronPython] Opening a process for mem reads ?

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 20:03:22 CEST 2010

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 11:36 AM, Richard Steventon <steventon at gmail.com> wrote:
> Next question in my quest to open a process and read its memory:
> from win32.win32security import GetSecurityInfo, SetSecurityInfo
>
> How do I get access to those in IronPython ?

Unfortunately, I don't think anyone has ported the win32 module to
IronPython yet (it's a big, complicated module).

You could use ctypes:

    ctypes.windll.advapi32.GetSecurityInfo(...)

GetSecurityInfo has a fairly complicated signature (see
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa446654(VS.85).aspx) that
will probably require working fairly closely with ctypes
(http://docs.python.org/library/ctypes.html) to get it to work.

Unfortunately, out of the box, that's all the IronPython provides.

- Jeff

P.S. If you need to know the DLL to use with ctypes.windll, look up
the function on MSDN and look for the DLL name near the bottom of the
page.