[IronPython] MAPI & IronPython

Mike Driscoll mdriscoll at co.marshall.ia.us
Wed Apr 6 21:31:21 CEST 2011

The problem is that I don't know MAPI at all, so I don't know where to
begin. We do not use Outlook at all. What I am attempting to do is
create some way to set my little script as a default email client so I
can redirect the file to our web client, which happens to be Zimbra Web
mail, an open source project.

Thunderbird registers itself as a default email client and it appears to
stick some kind of mapi dll file in the registry. I don't have one of
those, so I just tried sticking an exe of my own in there that  I had
created that doesn't do anything except generate a log file. Office just
complains that I don't have a proper email client and cancels the request.

- Mike