[IronPython] BeginInvoke from C# to IronPython

Keith Rome rome at Wintellect.com
Sun Apr 10 07:40:33 CEST 2011

Not sure if you are aware, but calling a delegate like that via BeginInvoke() is really just the same thing as using ThreadPool.QueueUserWorkItem(). You might save yourself a lot of hassle by omitting the Class1 and event handler funny business, and just pass your callback directly to QUWI:

import clr
clr.AddReference("System")
from System import Threading

def testCallback(foo):
  # print might not be safe here due to threading... but Debug.WriteLine() is thread-safe
  from System import Diagnostics
  Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine(foo)

# test using sync call
testCallback("sync")

# test using async call
cb = Threading.WaitCallback(testCallback)
Threading.ThreadPool.QueueUserWorkItem(cb, "async")

Keith Rome
Senior Consultant and Architect
MCPD-EAD, MCSD, MCDBA, MCTS-WPF, MCTS-TFS, MCTS-WSS
Wintellect | 770.617.4016 | krome at wintellect.com
www.wintellect.com