[IronPython] Old print syntax as option on IronPython 3

Markus Schaber m.schaber at 3s-software.com
Tue Apr 12 10:11:33 CEST 2011

Hi,

I just saw that Boo supports both print as a function and as a
statement.

So I had the Idea of adding an language option to IronPython which
allows both syntaxes (and probably emitting a warning when using the old
one). This could help in the transition of old scripts to IronPython 3.

I know that the cPython parser does not allow that (using the same word
as keyword and identifier), but maybe the IronPython parser is flexible
enough to allow both usages?

Just a weird, heretical suggestion, feel free to ignore my mail. J

Regards,

Markus