[IronPython] AttributeError : System.Drawing.Graphics is "read-only"

Doug Blank doug.blank at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 14:16:44 CEST 2011

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 7:56 AM, NikoVFR <vfr.niko at hotmail.fr> wrote:

> Hello everybody...
>
> first i apologize for my bad english... i did not practice for a very long
> time...
>
> A strange problem in a ironpython app, done with Sharpdevelop...
>
> I created a form, without borders, captions, icon...., just a simple square
> to draw...
>
> When I try to draw from my OnPaint Function, IronPy answers me :
> Exception.AttributeError :
> attribute 'Graphics' of 'namespace#' object is read-only

That usually means that you have misspelled an attribute. For example,
if you say Gtk.Wibbow instead of Gtk.Window, you'll get that error.
(It is actually a bad error message in that you are only looking up a
value, not creating one; is that only a Mono-only issue I wonder?)

As Jimmy says, we'd need to see the code to say more.

-Doug