[IronPython] IronPython Tools v2.7 - Console Application - custom ipy.exe

Dave Wald davew252 at tx.rr.com
Sun Apr 24 18:05:36 CEST 2011

Hey CB -
You might have a look at how IPython does it.
http://ipython.scipy.org/moin/
They have a pretty good walkthrough on integrating it, and IPython ain't
no slouch.
Only problem is, it depends on GNU readline (Or, in this case
PyReadline, which is not DLR-aware at this point and needs some work)
for auto-completion etc., so you have to disable that part. You can turn
that off in config.
But aside from that, the rest of it works just fine with IronPython.
(I'm just an old country programmer :-) , but I didn't have too much
trouble getting it to work.)
There's also Sho, from MS Research, but the source code is not
available. But I'll tell you now, they embed IronPy and have a lot of
hardcoded stuff in the hookups... Probably not the best example.
But check out the IPython example.
Here's a link to an earlier post on the topic which explains what I did.
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/ironpy/uQJzxhjjh2M
Hope that helps.

Dave