[IronPython] GetRunningObjectTable

Sébastien de Menten sdementen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 21:40:08 CEST 2011

Hi,

I am trying to use the GetRunningObjectTable function to retrieve a list of
all running objects (to later use them in COM automation).

I do the following :

>>> import System

System.Runtime.InteropServices.ComTypes.IBindCtx.GetRunningObjectTable(0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
TypeError: expected IBindCtx, got int

I am puzzled by the error as, if i understood properly the way ipy works, I
would expect to give an Int as input parameter and get back a tuple with the
restult of the function and the out parameter.

If i replace the 0 with a refernce to a IBindCtx type:
>>> import clr
>>> rot=clr.Reference[System.Runtime.InteropServices.ComTypes.IBindCtx]()

System.Runtime.InteropServices.ComTypes.IBindCtx.GetRunningObjectTable(rot)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
TypeError: expected IBindCtx, got StrongBox[IBindCtx]

My knowledge of .net is quite reduced ... any help would be greatly
appreciated

sebastien

ps: sorry if this message appears as reposted but I do not see it in the
mailing list after more than 24 hours ...