[Ironpython-users] dotNET object directory list similar to OS X'sFinder

Markus Schaber m.schaber at 3s-software.com
Mon Aug 1 08:25:57 CEST 2011

Hi, Lukáš,

Von: Lukáš Dubeda

> a simple question: is there a similar navigation control object in .NET
> (even 3rd party) that'd provide a similar experience like those OS X
> Finder directory lists that after selecting a folder slide to the left
> while exposing the contents of the folder on the right.

I don't know of one, but maybe you look at DevExpress and other 3rd party vendors.

As far as I know, this is called Miller Columns (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miller_Columns) came to MacOS via NextStep.

> However, I'm certain even Qt has a similar directory navigation control as
> well.
> Does anybody know of such a control for .NET?

If there is one for QT or GTK+, than you could use the .NET bindings for QT or GTK. This would force you to implement the whole UI via that library, however.

Best regards

Markus Schaber

We software Automation.

3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH
Markus Schaber | Developer
Memminger Str. 151 | 87439 Kempten | Germany | Tel. +49-831-54031-0 | Fax +49-831-54031-50

Email: m.schaber at 3s-software.com | Web: http://www.3s-software.com
CoDeSys internet forum: http://forum.3s-software.com
Download CoDeSys sample projects: http://www.3s-software.com/index.shtml?sample_projects

Managing Directors: Dipl.Inf. Dieter Hess, Dipl.Inf. Manfred Werner | Trade register: Kempten HRB 6186 | Tax ID No.: DE 167014915