[Ironpython-users] external libraries

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 17:41:42 CEST 2011

Unfortunately, I'm not entirely sure. We do include the Python & Ruby
stdlibs, which have their own licenses, and zlib.net, which is
MIT/BSD. I'm going to hazard a guess that you're thinking of #ZipLib,
which is GPL + Classpath, which isn't as scary as it sounds, but still
makes me slightly nervous. I'd prefer to avoid it if possible. At the
very least, it might be an external, optional dependency.

On that note, I did happen across
https://github.com/IronLanguages/main/blob/master/Hosts/Silverlight/Chiron/Zip.cs
that you might find interesting.

- Jeff