[Ironpython-users] PI files for WING IDE

Jimmy Schementi jschementi at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 16:50:22 CET 2011

Anyone using Wing IDE with IronPython and also use Michael's scripts? I
haven't in a few years.

CJ, have you considered the Python Tools for VS as an alternative?

~Jimmy

On Nov 30, 2011, at 5:04 PM, "C. Justin Mayers" <cjustinmayers at gmail.com>
wrote:

I am brand new to IronPython and have only been using Python for a little
while.

I use the WING IDE and love it. I am trying to create PI files using the
generate_pi.py script that Michael Foord modified and has a link to on his
website (
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/ironpython/wing-how-to.shtml#introduction). I
am working on a 64-bit machine which apparently can lead to problems but I
have access to several 32-bit machines all with .NET 4.0. When I follow the
instructions I am able to generate a handful of pi files but they seem
incomplete. The generate_pi.py script only took 15 seconds to run and
produced 331 KB of data. I was under the impression that it should run much
longer and produce multiple MB of data.

Anybody have any thoughts? Maybe someone has another script or is willing
to send me a zipped copy of PI files that they generated. Thanks.

Cheers, CJ