[Ironpython-users] SciPy for .NET

Shaheer Zubairi z_shaheer at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 2 14:36:23 CET 2011

Hi guys,

I have a query
regarding the use of SciPy for .NET.  I have existing code written in Visual
Basic (VB) in Visual Studio 2010.  I would like to use the Singular Value
Decomposition (SVD) of a non-square matrix using the Scipy library. I have
downloaded and installed IronPython 2.7.1,  Numpy and SciPy libraries following
the steps shown on the website (http://www.enthought.com/repo/.iron/).  My questions are:

1.      Should there by a
ScipyDotNet DLL available for me to use in Visual Studio?
2.      Can I use the code
found in the directory
IronPython2.7.1>Lib>site-packages>scipy>linalg to do what I
want?
3.      Can anyone perhaps
provide me an example of how to use SciPy SVD from within a Visual Basic script
in Visual Studio 2010?
Thank you for giving
me your valuable time. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Kind
regards,
Mo