[Ironpython-users] Beginner question.

Doug Blank doug.blank at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 21:25:32 CET 2011

On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 3:04 PM, Jeff Hardy <jdhardy at gmail.com> wrote:
> I wouldn't be surprised if you were one of the first people to try
> this particular combination. However, anything that works from C#
> should work from IronPython (except possibly unsafe code).
>
> Translating C# to IronPython is fairly straightforward: remove most of
> the punctuation :) You may have to learn a bit of C# to read the
> examples, but it's not a hard language to  learn and stack overflow is
> great for asking what a particular piece of C# syntax does. If you're
> trying to convert C# to Python, use the IronPython tag and someone
> will spot it fairly quickly.
>
> I don't know if there are many IronPython game programmers (I do my
> game programming in C++, because I'm insane), so anything you can find
> out will be appreciated.

We have incorporated the Farseer Physics Engine in Calico, which makes
it available to Python, Ruby, and Scheme on Mac, Windows, and Linux.

Here are a few game-like things in IronPython:

http://www.youtube.com/user/dsblank007?feature=guide#p/a/u/0/L3P5t8hAhe4
- Letter Physics
http://www.youtube.com/user/dsblank007?feature=guide#p/a/u/2/yLZJmyQEALA
- Angy Blocks