[Ironpython-users] FW: How to install Scipy and Numpy for .net offline?

Jason McCampbell jmccampbell at enthought.com
Mon Dec 5 15:48:18 CET 2011

Hi Cheng,

That's odd that the installation isn't working correctly.  If you are
seeing any error messages please send them to me and I'll take a look.

You can install the eggs manually.  Each egg file is just a ZIP archive
with some defined metadata in it.  If you extract the numpy and scipy eggs,
you will get a directory named 'numpy' or 'scipy' plus an 'EGG-INFO'
directory.  Move the numpy or scipy directory to the lib/site-packages
directory under your IronPython installation.  There are also some DLL
files in each egg under EGG-INFO/prefix/DLLs.  Each of the DLL files should
be copied to the DLLs directory under your IronPython install tree.

After that you should be able to use both packages as though you used the
automatic installer.

Please let me know if you have any trouble getting this to work or any
other questions.

Regards,
Jason