[Ironpython-users] ANN: Python Tools for Visual Studio 1.1 Beta 1

Cheng-B.Li at ubs.com Cheng-B.Li at ubs.com
Thu Dec 8 03:04:40 CET 2011

Hi All,

I'm currently using PTVS 1.1 alpha version. I think this tool is very useful in developing python projects. It makes it possible to leverage the power of Visual studio 10 and python. But I have one major problem on my side.

I have installed VS 2010 shell on my machine and F# compiler 2.0. Both of them work fine. And then I installed IronPython and PTVS 1.1. Also they work fine too. But When I use VS 2010 shell to open an existing F# project I found that The compiler doesn't recognize the code correctly. It seems that Vs 2010 use the python code parser to parse the F# codes. Is the wrong behavior due to my improper option setting or other reason?

Regards,
Cheng