[Ironpython-users] FW: How to install Scipy and Numpy for .net offline?

Cheng-B.Li at ubs.com Cheng-B.Li at ubs.com
Tue Dec 13 03:16:29 CET 2011

Hi Jason,

I used your recommended way to install the numpy and scipy packages. It works fine for numpy but failed on scipy. I put the python source file under lib/site-packages and the dlls under the folder IronPython 2.7.1/DLLs.  The error messgae reads as follows:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "C:\Program Files\IronPython 2.7.1\lib\site-packages\scipy\__init__.py", line 124, in <module>
    pkgload = PackageLoader()
  File "C:\Program Files\IronPython 2.7.1\lib\site-packages\numpy\_import_tools.py", line 15, in __init__
    self.parent_frame = frame = sys._getframe(_level)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute '_getframe'

Do you know where the problem lies. Much thx.

Regards,
Cheng