[IronPython] Bug Weekend prior to 2.7

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 00:46:28 CET 2011

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 3:56 PM, Daniel D. <dvdotsenko at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a analyse on how one can participate in bug sprint?
>
> Wouldn't want to go over same bugs others already reviewed. Do we mark each
> bug with "yep, still a problem" comment? Do we make a list and post it
> somewhere on shared Google docs spreadsheet?

My plan was to use a google spreadsheet to note who's looking at a
given bug, as I've seen other projects use those successfully. I'll
put one together a couple days prior with some bugs that I think need
to be fixed, and anyone will be free to add to it as well. As Brian
mentioned, we'll probably use the #ironpython IRC channel for
communication as well.

And yes, once you're looked at a bug, add a comment with the results
of your analysis. Look at any issues Richard N has updated lately to
see how it's done. Test cases and patches/pull requests would be even
better :).

I don't have complete idea of the process (I'm hoping to learn
something), but I've basically cobbled together ideas from (among
others):
http://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonBugDay
http://live.gnome.org/Bugsquad/TriageGuide/FrequentlyAskedQuestions
http://www.zope.org/DevHome/CVS/BugDays