[IronPython] Interim CI server for IronPython

Richard Nienaber rjnienaber at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 07:36:53 CET 2011

>  create a new dependent build and use the Command Line runner to "build"
the tests. As long as TestRunner returns an appropriate exit code, it will
at least give an overall pass/fail, and the build log will show which
individual ones failed.

I had to use the MSBuild runner to build TestRunner and then switch to the
Command Line runner to run the tests but otherwise it
works<http://teamcity.codebetter.com/viewType.html?tab=buildTypeStatusDiv&buildTypeId=bt318>as
you suggested. The only downside is that updates to TestRunner won't
be
taken into account but I think that just has to be kept in mind. The
following tests are failing:

modules_network_related_ipy
com_word_py
com_MultiOffice_py
com_excel_py
com_msagent_py
modules_system_related_ipy
test_trace_cpy
test_site_cpy
test_ctypes_cpy
test_subprocess_cpy
test_memory_20
test_winforms_20

It seems like there are some which are build server related. I'll
investigate and see if they can be updated.

I was thinking about adding more granularity to the reporting of the tests
other than just pass/fail for all of them. Would it be worthwhile to add a
/nunitoutput option to TestRunner that would output the results in the nunit
format? It looks like TeamCity has an 'Import data from XML' option where it
could point to the output from the TestRunner.

Richard