[IronPython] IronPython Issue Workflow

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 10:03:44 CET 2011

I want to make sure I'm on the same page as everyone else when it
comes to issue workflow. What I've been doing is:
* For old bugs that aren't reproducible, just close it.
* For old bugs that are reproducible, add test case and set "Release" to 2.7.
* When fixing bugs, mark as "Fixed", make sure the release is set to
the next release, and include the changeset hash in a comment.
* On a release, close all "Fixed" bugs.

All new bugs/CPython incompitibilities should have their "Release" set
to 2.7 once they're confirmed; features should set to "3k" or
"Future". I doubt all of those will get fixed for 2.7 and still have
2.7 be released this year.

I'm not sure what to do about bugs targeting 2.6.2; I would wager they
could be re-targeted to 2.7.

Any other suggestions on policy for the issue tracker? I want to get
this written up before the weekend so that there are docs to point any
new people at.

- Jeff