[IronPython] Merges

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 22:22:52 CET 2011

Hi Daniel,
When working, I do all of my work in a branch, and then merge that
branch into master. On that branch I usually rebase changes from
upstream/master. However, I don't like rebasing onto master because it
just looks weird. I want to see the merge commit to master so that I
know it happened, and github can generate pretty graphs [1] :).

In summary:
- rebase feature/working branches
- merge master (or long-lived maintenance branches, etc.)

Of course, once in a while I forget to add --rebase :). Didn't know
you could default it on, which would be nice for working branches.

- Jeff

[1] https://github.com/IronLanguages/main/network