[IronPython] Contents of Lib (packaging for RPM)

Tomas Matousek Tomas.Matousek at microsoft.com
Wed Feb 9 22:01:23 CET 2011

[Including IronRuby list].

We have a script in Msi directory called harvest.rb. This is used by another scripts Msi\Python\generate_wxis.rb and Msi\Ruby\generate_wxis.rb that launch it with Python and Ruby specific parameters, respectively. The generated .wxi files fully describe the files and directory hierarchy that is created by the Windows installer on the target machine. I think you can easily run them thru a script that converts them to whatever format you need. They are just XML files.

Would it be possible to create a script (Python or Ruby) that builds RPM package and runs on Windows as well? This would allow us to build new releases in one pass on a single machine and just publish the Mac packages on CodePlex next to .msi's.

Let me know if you had any issues.

Tomas