[IronPython] Contents of Lib (packaging for RPM)

Doug Blank doug.blank at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 02:12:05 CET 2011

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 3:41 PM, Andrew Jorgensen
<andrew at jorgensenfamily.us> wrote:
> Hello Folks,
>
> First let me thank you for making IronPython easy to compile on Mono.
> I'm the release manager for the Mono Project at Novell and I'm
> currently working on packaging IronPython and IronRuby for openSUSE
> (also to be included in the Mono Mac framework package). Where I've
> run into trouble is the stdlibs for both. I can see that the -Bin.zip
> contains a Lib directory with various standard libraries in it but I
> don't see how I can reliably and repeatably get that exact content
> into my RPM packages (short of including the -Bin.zip in the build).
>
> Is there a script of some sort that takes the appropriate files from
> the correct source and puts them where I need them (the script used to
> build the -Bin.zip perhaps?)

+1 Happy Happy Joy Joy

I was wondering if there is any effort to document (or publish) this
build process on Linux so that other distributions can also build
these packages for distributation?

Everyone working together... sometimes it is hard to believe that we
made it to this point :)

Thanks to all!

-Doug