[IronPython] Embedding IPython Shell into IronPython

Jörgen Stenarson jorgen.stenarson at bostream.nu
Tue Feb 15 18:35:50 CET 2011

Dave Wald skrev 2011-02-15 15:31:
> Federico,
> No problem. Enjoyed working on it. Now, the even better news.
> PyReadline HAS BEEN ported to IronPython! ;-)
> http://ironpython-urls.blogspot.com/2006/11/pyreadline-for-ironpython.html
> So IPython could very likely be made fully functional... with a bit of work.
>  From what I gather so far, you may still have to compile your own
> version of IronPython as per the discussion therein, but, I just need to
> get some more time to play with this.
hi,

unfortunately the pyreadline support for ironpython has not been tested
for quite a while so I do not know if it works as is or if some changes
are needed.

I have not seen any bugreports for what is there either but I guess that
may well just be because it is not used. If you find any problems please
report them on the launchpad tracker https://bugs.launchpad.net/pyreadline

/Jörgen