[IronPython] Road to IronPython 2.7 (update)

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 00:12:02 CET 2011

Hi all,
The following issues are blockers for IronPython 2.7:

* #29841 - sysconfig traceback when starting 2.7B1 -
http://ironpython.codeplex.com/workitem/29841
I don't know enough about Mono/MacOS/POSIX to fix this one properly. I
haven't yet chercked what the Mono guys did to get it working on
Linux.

* (no issue) - Visual Studio tools
The Visual Studio tools are basically broken right now - I can't
launch or debug even the default console program. I think it's because
it can't find the interpreter, but I thought I fixed that already.

* (no issue) - silverlight support
I have no idea what the status of the silverlight support is.

Once these are resolved (one way of another) I think 2.7 will be ready to go.

- Jeff

P.S. In all honesty I would have preferred to call the latest release
Beta 3 instead of RC1, but I had already changed the version strings
and didn't want to change them back :|.