[IronPython] Road to IronPython 2.7 (update)

Steve Dower s.j.dower at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 01:01:57 CET 2011

The tools problem seems to be to do with the installer. IPyTools
(PythonRuntimeHost.cs:89-100) tries to load the installed path from
HKLM\SOFTWARE\IronPython\2.7\(default). On my machine (Win7 x64, IPy
2.7 RC1 installed without IPyTools, which were built from source) this
is actually in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\IronPython\2.7\(default)
which contains "ipy64", which is then combined (PythonStarter.cs:69)
with "ipy.exe" to make "ipy64\ipy.exe" as the interpreter path (which
doesn't exist).

If I set HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\IronPython\2.7\(default) to my
actual install path (where ipy.exe is) it works fine. I assume this
should be done in the installer.

Steve