[IronPython] Authenticode Signing of Releases

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 17:58:28 CET 2011

Older releases of IronPython were authenticode signed (by Microsoft),
but so far the community releases have not been. As best I can tell,
authenticode certificates are expensive (the cheapest are around
$100/year) - I've heard of deals for open source projects but can't
find anything by searching.

Is it even worth the hassle to get an authenticode cert for releases?
It adds a bit of extra polish to the installation, but I doubt many
people pay attention to that anyway.

- Jeff