[IronPython] IronPython Hosting ?

Bill Chiles billchi at microsoft.com
Mon Feb 28 21:47:52 CET 2011

I'm trying to gather information and concrete examples about IronPython hosting.  I'll sift through some of the old email, but I'd super appreciate if you could send me some info about hosting IronPython if you're doing that.  The questions I'd have are:

 * Briefly what are your goals for hosting (e.g., app scripting for users, biz rule execution, feature development of your app, etc.)?
 * What kind of host application do you have, or what is its main purpose?
 * Briefly what are the key features of hosting that you count on or use (e.g., supplying host globals to the hosted IronPython code, accessing IronPython variables, interop with the dynamic objects, namespace isolation with scopes, multi-instanced ScriptRuntime in an AppDomain, etc.)?

I really appreciate your time and responses!

Thanks,
Bill