[IronPython] Exception Model for modules implemented in C#

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 16:54:02 CET 2011

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 7:14 AM, Slide <slide.o.mix at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a document that describes how to implement a Python exception in a
> C# module? In looking through the code, the exception stuff is seemingly in
> about 20 different places and bringing it all together is not easy, at least
> to the casual observer :-)

I don't think there is. It's not too bad once you figure it out, but
figuring it out is tricky, to say the least.

You could look at
https://bitbucket.org/jdhardy/ironpython.sqlite/src/95894443fffe/src/Exceptions.cs,
which has it all in one place for a fairly deep exception hierarchy.
(`InitModuleExceptions` is called from `PerformModuleReload` in
_sqlite.cs.) I just figured that out from reading the existing
modules, but I'm thinking I should write a "module implementer's
guide" with those sorts of lore in it. I thought there was one
started, but now I can't find it.

- Jeff