[IronPython] Exception Model for modules implemented in C#

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 16:54:02 CET 2011

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 7:14 AM, Slide <slide.o.mix at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a document that describes how to implement a Python exception in a
> C# module? In looking through the code, the exception stuff is seemingly in
> about 20 different places and bringing it all together is not easy, at least
> to the casual observer :-)

I don't think there is. It's not too bad once you figure it out, but
figuring it out is tricky, to say the least.

You could look at
which has it all in one place for a fairly deep exception hierarchy.
(`InitModuleExceptions` is called from `PerformModuleReload` in
_sqlite.cs.) I just figured that out from reading the existing
modules, but I'm thinking I should write a "module implementer's
guide" with those sorts of lore in it. I thought there was one
started, but now I can't find it.

- Jeff