[IronPython] Issue Triage

Richard Nienaber rjnienaber at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 10:23:29 CET 2011

I've closed the following issues:

test blocking: support setting field of value type when calling
ctor<http://ironpython.codeplex.com/workitem/24008>
keyword argument is also treated as args for params
array<http://ironpython.codeplex.com/workitem/24000>
unable to invoke delegate object with method which takes ref
args<http://ironpython.codeplex.com/workitem/24009>
binder does not handle argument list with keyword and tuple correctly for
.net methods <http://ironpython.codeplex.com/workitem/24001>
tracking: wrong message when calling
System.Activator.CreateInstance(None)<http://ironpython.codeplex.com/workitem/24007>
clr.AddReference need invalidate the cached rules related to
NamespaceTracker <http://ironpython.codeplex.com/workitem/24012>

<http://ironpython.codeplex.com/workitem/24012>Questions:

   - Incompatibility between CPy and IPy in the way REG_EXPAND_SZ works in
   _winreg module. <http://ironpython.codeplex.com/workitem/24042>

It seems to me that in this case that IronPython was doing the right thing,
and CPython was doing the wrong thing.
REG_EXPAND_SZ<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms724884(v=vs.85).aspx>
seems
to mean that environment variables should be expanded when the value is
inserted into the registry. I've assumed here that even if CPython does the
wrong thing, IronPython should follow the behaviour of CPython (and closed
the issue).

   - Code has recently been added to fix this issue: types in assemblies
   loaded with .AddReferenceToFileAndPath() are not importable if they
   reference other assemblies<http://ironpython.codeplex.com/workitem/25124>

Should I close this one as well or does this need to make it into a build
first?

   - -X:PreferComDispatch

I have come across quite a few issues where there are inconsistencies when
IronPython is started with/without the '-X:PreferComDispatch' switch (like
this one <http://ironpython.codeplex.com/workitem/24013>). If I look at the
IronPython console help this switch is absent and attempting to run it gives
me the error 'File -X:PreferComDispatch does not exist.'. Is this option no
longer available/supported? If not, what should be done with these issues?

Richard
<http://ironpython.codeplex.com/workitem/25124>