[IronPython] Meaning of issue tracker fields (Was: Working towards IronPython 2.7 RTM)

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 16:51:33 CET 2011

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 6:58 AM, Slide <slide.o.mix at gmail.com> wrote:
> Would be nice if we could tag issues in the issue tracker with "for 2.7" or
> something similar so people could know which issues were on the docket for
> including in 2.7. This might help people who want to contribute to do so.

I've been thinking about this as well. I don't know what the Release
field is supposed to mean; I could see it being either 'bug found in
this release' or 'bug (to be) fixed in this release'.

I think we should take the latter interpretation and set Release to
2.7 for the stuff we want to fix, and then use the 'Impact' field to
determine what's actually going to be fixed. The main reason is that
it makes searching for release-blocking bugs much easier.

- Jeff