[IronPython] Which modules collection to use?

Daniel D. dvdotsenko at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 02:19:58 CET 2011

Hi

Pulled src from github. The devel set up instructions
(http://ironpython.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Respository%20Instructions)
and all the script magic already in place is just great as things
compile and run. Very cool.

However, need help figuring some things out, please:
1. Neither the release, nor the debug deployment copies the standard
module files into Lib. Is there magic in place for that already, like
a project file that has the deployment paths spelled out?
2. There are two copies of modules sets. One in cPython/Lib, there
other is in IronPython/27/Lib. The answer is probably obvious, but
which set of modules do I need to copy?
3. Before I found the bundled module collections, I tried modules from
"2.7.1 (r271:86832, Nov 27 2010, 18:30:46) [MSC v.1500 32 bit
(Intel)]" and saw code in modules blowing up left and right. It's
obvious that the modules collection in IronLanguages is stale, but i
wonder how stale it is... Are they from 2.5/2.6 time? If the next IPY
release is "2.7" do we need to go and update the modules bundled with
2.7?

Daniel.