[IronPython] Which modules collection to use?

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Sun Jan 23 18:40:31 CET 2011

Daniel wrote:
> Re: IRONPYTHONPATH
>
> It looks like the magic is already in place in dev.bat to set [IRON]PYTHONPATH
> to the right path. However, the setting is conditional on "If DEFINED
> THISISSNAP"
>
> I am not a stupid fella, but i had to resort to bugging you and asking about the
> modules set up. I am sure there are / were / will be other stumped ones. I
> wonder if this would be a big deal to change the dev.bat to set the right
> paths without relying on THISISSNAP being set. Since this would only affect
> those who run within "dev.bat's"
> magic land, the extra bit of default magic should not be a surprise, no?
>
> I'd propose a patch, but don't undersand what half of dev.bat does, and
> would prefer people familiar with the matter to make the change, if it is
> agreed upon.

This sounds fine - anything related to SNAP can be disregarded at this point,
SNAP is an internal Microsoft gated checkin system which we used for
submitting checkins and running all of the tests.

I don't see why we wouldn't want to always set IRONPYTHONPATH.  We did
at one point run our own tests both w/ and w/o the std lib but we stopped
doing that some time ago.