[IronPython] Ref to "." to be omitted from sys.path. Objections?

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 20:12:59 CET 2011

On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 1:32 AM, Daniel D. <dvdotsenko at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> http://ironpython.codeplex.com/workitem/28235
>
> A example / proposed patch attached to the bug.

Patch applied as 0cdaaaa.

I think matching the CPython behaviour here is pretty critical,
especially since it is also a security issue.

I committed the patch using '.' as  the current directory; if anyone
(Dino?) needs the fully resolved path as well, it's easy enough to add
back, but as CPython doesn't add it I'd prefer not to. I do wonder why
CPython uses '' as the current directory though; maybe it's
special-cased somewhere in the import system? IronPython should
probably match that behaviour as well.

- Jeff