[Ironpython-users] SQLite3

Steve Baugh stephen.baugh1 at ntlworld.com
Fri Jul 1 23:24:08 CEST 2011

Jeff,

Thank you for doing the updated file. I have downloaded it.

I have got it working but the plot thickens!

I put the new IronPython.SQLite.dll + sqlite3.dll into the DLLs
directory.
Doing import sqlite3 gave the _sqlite3 not found error.
I then put a copy of the dll in the same directory as ipy64.exe so it
was on the path, then started ipy64.exe by double clicking the file (if
you start it through the Start Menu the path isn't right).
after import clr and clr.AddReference("IronPython.SQLite")
I could then import sqlite3 correctly.

So this seems OK except that it did not automatically add the reference
by putting it in the DLLs directory.

I then tried to get things going under SharpDevelop,
after a lot of experiment I found that I had to put the dll and the
sqlite3 directory in
\Program Files (x86)\SharpDevelop\4.0\AddIns\BackendBindings
\PythonBinding

I could then add the reference but got _sqlite3 not found again.

I found eventually that the version ID of the SharpDevelop
IronPython.dll is 2.6.1008.2 whilst the IronPython 2.7 distribution is
2.7.0.40

So I then put the OLD dll in THIS directory (I still had a copy) and
things then started to work through the IDE!

Hope all this makes sense. I have only checked that I can import
sqlite3, I havn't tested the functionality yet.

BTW do I need sqlite3.dll as well?

Thanks

Steve