[Ironpython-users] Assembly references: file does not exist?

Dave Peterson dpeterson at broadwaytechnology.com
Thu Jul 14 13:32:06 CEST 2011

Hi Markus,

Just got time to try this out.  When using Assembly.LoadFile(...) I get the following error:

IOError: System.IO.FileLoadException: Mixed mode assembly is built against version 'v2.0.50727' of the runtime and cannot be loaded in the 4.0 runtime without additional configuration information.

Ah, it's the issue where .NET 4 doesn't support automatically loading mixed mode assemblies (mine was definitely built as a .NET wrapper around a C++ DLL.)  This can be resolved by updating the App.Config for the application but how do I do that for an IronPython app?

-- Dave