[Ironpython-users] Microsoft.VisualStudio.Project namespace

Cameron Taggart cameron.taggart at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 19:37:16 CEST 2011

Is there a technical reason why the Microsoft.VisualStudio.Project
namespace isn't compiled into its own assembly? Looking at the source
code, I noticed there is a
Tools\IronStudio\IronStudio\VisualStudio\Project\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Project.csproj,
but instead of getting compiled into
Microsoft.VisualStudio.Project.dll, it gets compiled into
IronStudio.dll.

I was hoping to use the Micorosft.VisualStudio.Project namespace under
the Apache license rather than the MsPL license provided by
http://mpfproj10.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/changesets .
mpfproj10 was last changed in May 2010. That namespace was committed
to this project on October 2010 and has remained unchanged.

I compiled Microsoft.VisualStudio.Project.dll and compiled by Visual
Studio Shell project using it successfully. The problem is that I'm
getting runtime errors and the call stacks are not useful. An example
error:

MET/CAL Editor
'C:\Users\ctaggart\AppData\Local\Temp\fe4vowgi.mlc\Temp\METCAL
Procedure Project10.mcproj' cannot be opened because its project type
(.mcproj) is not supported by this version of the application.

To open it, please use a version that supports this type of project.