[Ironpython-users] codeplex member

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 17:20:00 CEST 2011

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 7:22 AM, Jimmy Schementi <jschementi at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Also, is the plan to stick with codeplex issues or possibly move to github's issue system?
>>
>> slide
>
> Moving to GitHub might be nice, but we lose voting. In the past voting seemed to help. Anyways, I say we stay on CodePlex for now; our users are probably more familiar with it vs. GitHub.

I've been pondering this as well. Having everything in one place would
be nice (automatic issue closing on push would be nice), but even with
GitHub's revamped issue system CodePlex's is still better IMO, and the
whole process of moving issues over smells of yak-shaving to me.

Ultimately, GH just moves faster than CP, so I wouldn't be surprised
if we did move at some point in the future. But not right away.

- Jeff