[Ironpython-users] Q: Protecting my source in an ASP.NET IronPython application possible?

Jimmy Schementi jschementi at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 16:14:10 CEST 2011

>>> Normal the code-behind files for the web forms are readable for anyone
>>> with access to the server

Define "access", is it the ability to see http://yourhost.com/Default.aspx.py or C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Default.aspx.py?

For the first case, as slide mentioned, you can block IIS from serving those files.

For the second case, obfuscation is the only way to go, other than simple user/group based filesystem permissions.

By the way, you're correct that Microsoft.Scripting.AspNet doesn't support loading code-behind from DLLs produced from clr.CompileModules. If anyone really wants this, patches are welcome: https://github.com/IronLanguages/main/tree/master/Hosts/MerlinWeb

~Jimmy