[Ironpython-users] Compiling IronPython for .NET 2.0

Markus Schaber m.schaber at 3s-software.com
Thu Jul 28 08:20:11 CEST 2011

Hi, Jimmy,

Von: Jimmy Schementi [mailto:jschementi at gmail.com]

> On Jul 27, 2011, at 2:28 AM, Markus Schaber wrote:
>> It seems that IronPython 2.7 beta 2 can only be compiled for .NET 3.5, but will not work any more when the projects are converted to be pure .NET 2.0 projects (using SharpSVN).

> We do still have the v2Debug build configuration available in the csproj files, and IronPython.Mono.sln still allows building it:
> msbuild Solutions\IronPython.Mono.sln /p:Configuration=v2Debug

I did try to build with that target with sharpdevelop, it seems to use some functionality like extenson methods, System.Func<> and IStrongBox interface which need v3.0 or v3.5. Also, this target sets V3.5 as runtime version instead of V2.0 as in IPy 2.6. And the compiled libraries reference some V3.0 and V3.5 libs according to ILSpy.

I did change the runtime version to V2.0 (keeping the compiler version 4.0) and did discover the aforementioned problems.

> However, current sources fail to build in a few places. Looks like you can put #if !CLR2 around those areas and it should still work against CLR2 runtimes.

For runtime version V3.5, It was easy to build Ironpython itself for the v2Debug configuration. (I did copy the IronPython.solution, removed things like IronPython.WPF, Microsoft.Scripting.Silverlight and Chiron, and did add Microsoft.Scripting.Core.)

But when changing the actual project type to .NET 2.0, it did not work any more.

Thanks,
Markus

Best regards

Markus Schaber

We software Automation.

3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH
Markus Schaber | Developer
Memminger Str. 151 | 87439 Kempten | Germany | Tel. +49-831-54031-0 | Fax +49-831-54031-50

Email: m.schaber at 3s-software.com | Web: http://www.3s-software.com
CoDeSys internet forum: http://forum.3s-software.com
Download CoDeSys sample projects: http://www.3s-software.com/index.shtml?sample_projects

Managing Directors: Dipl.Inf. Dieter Hess, Dipl.Inf. Manfred Werner | Trade register: Kempten HRB 6186 | Tax ID No.: DE 167014915