[Ironpython-users] IronPython 2.7.1 Beta coming this weekend

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 20:55:25 CEST 2011

I'm planning to release a Beta of IronPython 2.7.1 for this weekend
(June 18-19). I haven't decided on a timeline for the final release,
but expect it to be about 3 weeks later. Bug fixes will still be
accepted after the beta is released, but the sooner, the better.

The main reason for this release is to get the newly supported modules
(unicodedata, _ast, csv) and the updated stdlib (from CPython 2.7.2)
out there to see if there are no major issues.

IronPython 2.7,1 will have the same assembly version as 2.7, so it
should be a drop-in replacement.

- Jeff

P.S. If anyone wants to write a pyexpat implementation, I - and many
others - would greatly appreciate it.