[Ironpython-users] IronPython 2.7.1 Beta coming this weekend

Markus Schaber m.schaber at 3s-software.com
Fri Jun 17 07:58:06 CEST 2011

Hi, Jeff,

Von: Jeff Hardy

> I'm planning to release a Beta of IronPython 2.7.1 for this weekend
(June
> 18-19). I haven't decided on a timeline for the final release, but
expect
> it to be about 3 weeks later. Bug fixes will still be accepted after
the
> beta is released, but the sooner, the better.

Fine, I'm looking forward to it. Is this release still compileable using
.NET 2.0?

> The main reason for this release is to get the newly supported modules
> (unicodedata, _ast, csv) and the updated stdlib (from CPython 2.7.2)
out
> there to see if there are no major issues.
>
> IronPython 2.7,1 will have the same assembly version as 2.7, so it
should
> be a drop-in replacement.

I'm not really sure whether using the same assembly version is a good
idea - in my experience, having different versions of the file using the
same assembly version can lead to some confusions.

But maybe the drop-in character outweighs the disadvantages.

Best regards,
Markus Schaber