[Ironpython-users] IronPython 2.7.1 Beta coming this weekend

Vernon Cole vernondcole at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 18:30:21 CEST 2011

We Ubuntu users are still very inconvenienced by that quick "we don't build"
answer. Thanks for fixing the builder so that I can _try_ to home-build a
.NET 2 version.  After killing and reinstalling my Ubuntu system, I gave up
trying to actually accomplish it. It requires installing a second version of
Mono side-by-side with the supported version in order to do the build. But
to do _that_ you have to home-build the newer version of Mono from source
and ... [cough. sputter. Huh? ... Oh! ... Sorry! I'm back now...]
  I note that the IPy daily build script actually does build an appropriate
version, but apparently the output gets thrown away. I would be very nice if
it were put someplace where one could find it.
  Hopefully the next release of Ubuntu will have an upgraded .NET 4
compatible version of Mono, and this problem will go away. Until then, I
still cannot use a current version of IronPython on my preferred workstation
... and therefore cannot do much IPy testing.  (I only use Windows when I
must, or when someone pays me to.)
--
Vernon Cole
(Typed on Ubuntu Linux 11.04)