[Ironpython-users] IronPython 2.7.1 Beta coming this weekend

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 18:57:43 CEST 2011

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 9:30 AM, Vernon Cole <vernondcole at gmail.com> wrote:
> We Ubuntu users are still very inconvenienced by that quick "we don't build"
> answer. Thanks for fixing the builder so that I can _try_ to home-build a
> .NET 2 version.  After killing and reinstalling my Ubuntu system, I gave up
> trying to actually accomplish it. It requires installing a second version of
> Mono side-by-side with the supported version in order to do the build. But
> to do _that_ you have to home-build the newer version of Mono from source
> and ... [cough. sputter. Huh? ... Oh! ... Sorry! I'm back now...]
>   I note that the IPy daily build script actually does build an appropriate
> version, but apparently the output gets thrown away. I would be very nice if
> it were put someplace where one could find it.

As you've probably noticed, the build process is less than ideal,
especially for releases. It's on my TODO list to overhaul it,someday
(every time I do a release, it moves further up the list...). That
would also allow the TC server to spit out build artifacts.

 I can see about building a .zip for .NET 2, though. Might not be too hard.

What are the issues with building the .NET 2 version with Ubuntu's
built-in Mono? If they're small it might be easier to just patch
those, #ifdef'd if necessary.

- Jeff