[Ironpython-users] How can IronPython access a public static value defined in C#?

Markus Schaber m.schaber at 3s-software.com
Tue Jun 21 08:16:51 CEST 2011

Hi,

Von: Jeff Hardy
> Keith's point is that 'from x import *' would be potentially dangerous (as
> you don't know what the properties might do when get is called), unlike
> explicit property imports. Unlikely, yes, but possible.
>
> If someone provides some code to prove that the property getters are safe,
> it would be OK, but I'm not counting on it.

In our code, we have a lot of property getters which internally implement lazy initialization for expensive resources. This would be broken by "import *" automatically evaluating them.

Regards,
Markus Schaber

We software Automation.

3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH
Markus Schaber | Entwicklung
Memminger Str. 151 | 87439 Kempten | Tel. +49-831-54031-0 | Fax +49-831-54031-50

Email: m.schaber at 3s-software.com | Web: http://www.3s-software.com
CoDeSys Internet-Forum: http://forum.3s-software.com

Geschäftsführer: Dipl.Inf. Dieter Hess, Dipl.Inf. Manfred Werner | Handelsregister: Kempten HRB 6186 | USt-IDNr.: DE 167014915