[Ironpython-users] Building a COM server with IronPython 2.7

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 18:36:06 CEST 2011

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 10:57 AM, Jamal Mazrui <Jamal.Mazrui at fcc.gov> wrote:
> In the past, I have built a COM server with C# and the RegAsm.exe utility of
> the .NET Framework.  If I use pyc.py to create a DLL with IronPython, will I
> be able to build a COM server in a similar manner?  Are there any particular
> issues to be aware of?

It's unlikely that it will work. pyc.py doesn't generate assemblies
that can be used directly by other .NET programs (i.e., they're not

You should be able to write a very thin shim in C# that hosts
IronPython and stores the python files as resources, and then register
the shim with regasm.exe.

- Jeff