[IronPython] numpy / IronClad?

Federico Vaggi vaggi at cosbi.eu
Tue Mar 15 09:00:09 CET 2011

Hey Jason, thanks for all the work on this.  I use the enthought python
distribution, and it appears that the ironpkg package has some conflict
with installer present in python - here is what happens if you run
ironpkg after installing it:

C:\TEMP>ipy ironpkg-1.0.0.py --install
Bootstrapping:
c:\users\fedev\appdata\local\temp\tmpzaqqhk\ironpkg-1.0.0-1.egg
    118 KB
[.................................................................]

C:\TEMP>ironpkg scipy
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "C:\Program Files (x86)\IronPython 2.7\ironpkg-script.py", line
8, in <mo
dule>
   File "C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\enstaller\main.py", line 19, in
<module>
   File "C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\enstaller\config.py", line 11, in
<module>

   File "C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\enstaller\utils.py", line 1, in
<module>
ImportError: No module named bz2

My guess is that since python site-lib and ironpython site-lib are on
the path, the installer tries to look through the python lib first?

Either way, should be easy to fix, I'll just grab the version from git
and play around with it.

Federico